You are going to love this Brioche French Toast Casserole with fruit! Sticky sweet with blueberries and strawberries, this family-friendly recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, and holidays! For more recipes, visit my Meals Made Simple page.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Thank you!
Mmm, the scent of warm cream and sugar-based French toast casserole is probably one of my favorite things. This breakfast recipe is suitable for all occasions including simple mornings at home, birthdays, and Christmas mornings, and this easy brioche French toast casserole is so versatile, too.
Feel free to customize this brioche French toast casserole anyway you’d like with apples, pears, raspberries, or even bananas. The natural sweetness from the fruits really comes out in this recipe, and the results are mouthwatering and so pleasant. My family truly loves this recipe because it is so comforting with soft flavors of brioche.
- Bread, brioche
- Cream, heavy whipping cream
- Sugar, brown, powdered, and granulated white sugar
- Fruit, blueberries and strawberries
How to Make Easy French Toast Casserole
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
Cut the brioche bread into cubes.
In the baking dish, add the cubed bread. You can cut the bread into smaller cubes if you prefer, but I like them bite-sized.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
Next, pour the egg mixture over the pieces of brioche bread.
Add some of the blueberries on top of the brioche cubes. I like have some blueberries tucked in the bread pieces, too.
Transfer the baking dish in the oven on the center rack. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until eggs are cooked.
When casserole is baked, add the remainder of the berries to the top of the casserole. Add the strawberries.
Serve this brioche French toast casserole warm with maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Can I Make French Toast Casserole Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can definitely make French toast casserole ahead of time! To make ahead, just the follow the instructions below and cover with a lid or foil. Place the casserole in the refrigerator overnight until ready to bake.
Why is my French toast casserole soggy?
If you bake the brioche casserole at too low of a temperature, then you can end up with soggy bread. Make sure the oven is fully preheated prior to adding the casserole to it!
Should French toast be soggy in the middle?
It should be soft, but not too soggy. It’s also possible if the bread isn’t dried out enough.
How do you reheat French toast casserole?
Reheat the French toast casserole in the microwave or oven for delicious leftovers.
What bread is closest to brioche?
If you’re looking for a bread similar to brioche, use challah bread. I have a great u003ca href=u0022https://thehappymustardseed.com/sourdough-challah/u0022 target=u0022_blanku0022 rel=u0022noreferrer noopeneru0022u003echallah bread recipe.u003c/au003e
- Feel free to use any fruit of choice.
- Top with homemade whipped cream.
- Use any kind of milk.
Other Recipes You Will Love
- Croissant French Toast Recipe
- Banana Bread French Toast Casserole
- Sourdough French Toast
- Easy Sourdough Waffles
- Raised Sourdough Donuts
- Apple Crumb Cake from Scratch
- Sourdough Monkey Bread
Brioche French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf brioche one loaf
- 7 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalyan sea salt
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 10 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Cut the brioche bread into one-inch cubes.
- In the baking dish, add the cubed bread. You can cut the bread into smaller cubes if you prefer, but I like them bite-sized.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
- Next, pour the egg mixture over the pieces of brioche bread.
- Add half of the blueberries on top of the brioche cubes. I like have some blueberries tucked in the bread pieces, too.
- When the casserole is baked, add the remainder of the berries to the top of the casserole. Cut the strawberries and add on top.
- Serve this brioche French toast casserole warm with maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Join our community of 623 Moms!
One Scientifically Proven Way To Connect With Your Kid Tonight!
Join our mailing list to receive more tips, recipes, and more!
Leave a Reply