This done to perfection Croissant French Toast Bake is perfect to serve to family and friends for a weekend brunch, holiday, and of course Mother’s Day.
This mouthwatering french toast bake is full of flaky layers of creamy, buttery, and decadently rich French croissants, fluffy eggs, and sweet cream.
This post contains affiliate links, some of which may be Amazon links which means I receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Thank you!
What goes with this french toast casserole for brunch?
Whenever I make something sweet, I like to pair it with something savory to balance out the meal.
Looking for more ideas besides just savory? Click to get a full list of What Goes Good With French Toast.
Tips for Making Baked French Toast With Berries
Once the berries are baked in the oven, they become darker in color, smaller and burst, thus losing their shape. Be sure to reserve berries for topping the berry french toast casserole for that fresh berry flavor.
- Large Croissants
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Overnight French Toast Croissant Bake
If you are planning a busy brunch or a lazy brunch the overnight french toast bake is the perfect solution.
You can fully assemble the entire casserole the night before. This way it is ready to bake in the morning. You can place it in the oven while the oven is preheating, just make sure to take of 5 to 7 minutes off the baking time
Or you can take it out the refrigerator and let is sit on the counter while the oven preheats. Then transfer it to the oven while you finish getting ready.
Top with your favorite fresh fruit
Can I make this French Toast Bake With Croissants Using Different Flavors?
Yes, you sure can! French Toast Casserole is very versatile and you can make it any way you like. I have made it with peaches, apples, Nutella, raspberries, and blackberries.
Have fun, add the flavors that you and your family love!
Can you Freeze French Toast Casserole Bake?
Yes! The French Toast Casserole Bake is so convenient and can be taken out of the freezer and used for any type of occasion.
Here are my tips for if you would like to freezer this recipe
- Bake the recipe according to the above
- Allow it to cool completely
- Once the french toast is cooled, wrap the entire dish in plastic wrap. Then do a wrap of foil on top of the plastic.
- Freeze for up to three months
- Thaw in the fridge overnight
- Remove the foil and the plastic
- Heat in the oven for about 15 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Reheat it (forgot to take it out to thaw):
- Remove plastic and foil
- Use the foil and cover the top, you will need to cut it fit, or fold it over
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to one hour
More Recipes You Will Love!
Croissant French Toast Bake
- 6 Large Croissants
- 7 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 10 Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray
- In your baking dish, add the croissants in layers. You can cut them in half or thirds if you prefer, but I like keeping them whole for easy serving sizes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, sugar, and brown sugar until combined
- Add half of the blueberries in between the croissants (It's ok if some go on top, but I like them tucked away too)
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants
- Transfer the baking dish in the oven on the center rack. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until eggs are cooked
- When the casserole is completely baked, add the remainder of the blueberries to the top of your casserole. Then cut strawberries in half and add to the top
- Serve the Croissant French Toast Bake when warm and top with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Join our community of 623 Moms!
One Scientifically Proven Way To Connect With Your Kid Tonight!
Join our mailing list to receive more tips, recipes, and more!
Had surprise guests spend the night while driving through. While we helped them pack and reload on snacks, this baked and they were fed before hitting the road again. Excellent dish. Thank you!
I hosted a Father’s Day Brunch today and this french toast bake was the talk of the day! The bake was super delicious and the perfect amount of sweet! Will definitely make this again and can’t wait to try it with another fruit!
Croissants are perhaps my favorite French pastry so I was eager to try this recipe and it did not disappoint.
Everyone LOVED this for Father’s Day brunch. And it was so easy to make!
Made this for Father’s Day weekend brunch and it was a big hit! Loved how easy it was to put together and everyone was so impressed. Thanks for the great recipe!
Britney Brown says
You are so right, this is the perfect recipe! I made this with raspberries and blueberries and it turned out perfectly! Can’t wait to make it again!
Wow! This was the perfect recipe to use-up some croissants that we had laying around! My kids absolutely LOVED this French toast! The buttery croissants made it extra special. Can’t wait to make it again.
This croissant french toast was such a treat! I hosted brunch for my girls this weekend and they loved it! Thanks for the recipe!
This croissant French toast bake looks soooo good! I have gotten all of my ingredients and I’m planning to make it this Sunday for my sisters birthday as she loves croissants and French toast!
Thanks for such detailed instructions. I was able to enjoy a few pieces for brunch at home and freeze the rest for later.
Crystal DaCruz says
I really loved this twist on french toast! The croissants were the perfect texture for this dish.. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Karla Harmer says
Thank you so much! The texture is amazing! It always surprises me when I bit into it. It’s such a wonderful surprise.
Looks delicious. I’m going to bake it this the weekend.
I love this recipe so much! Thanks for sharing this.
This croissant bake is such a great idea. I think I have finally found my Christmas morning breakfast solution!
What a luscious and decadent breakfast treat! It’s perfect for birthdays, holidays or just feeling special days. Thanks so much for this delicious recipe.
Robin Donovan says
This was the best Sunday brunch dish!
I used store bough croissants and they were so good this way. I will be making this French toast bake again!