This Lemon Chicken with Rosemary and Thyme breast recipe is incredibly flavorful and one of our very favorite recipes! Incredibly tender and so easy to bite into, this easy dinner recipe is ready in minutes and perfect for any occasion! Be sure to visit Meals Made Simple for more exciting comfort foods.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Thank you!
My family loves this chicken recipe. We make it at least once every two weeks because it is such a crowdpleaser. You’ll want to make sure you make enough of this lemon and chicken with thyme, garlic, and onion because everyone will be asking for seconds–including yourself. Whenever you’re craving something ultra-comforting and savory, make this simple recipe and serve it with rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, or cornbread.
We like to enjoy this chicken breast recipe for easy weeknight dinners because it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Another great thing about this recipe is how versatile it is. For extra juicy flavors, you can easily substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts.
- Chicken, chicken breasts or thighs
- Herbs, fresh rosemary and thyme
- Butter, unsalted
- Garlic, thinly sliced or minced
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Lemon, juice and the lemon
- Oil, olive
Does Thyme Go With Lemon?
Yes! Lemon and thyme go together exceptionally well and taste wonderful together. For a fresh flavor with notes of citrus, you’ll want to experiment with lemon and thyme. We’re hooked on this chicken because the combination is so good!
How to Make Lemon and Thyme Chicken
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place oil and butter in a large pan.
Add the chicken breasts and brown on one side, three to five minutes. Flip the chicken.
Next, add the remaining ingredients such as herbs, garlic, onion, and lemon.
Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 155-160°F.
- Serve this lemon and thyme chicken over pasta with a well-rounded comfort meal.
- If you are using chicken thighs, the cook time may be longer. Always use a meat thermometer to be sure the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Serve the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Only brown on one side if you are looking to brown some of the chicken for additional flavor.
- Don’t overcrowd the chicken in the pan.
- Remove your chicken and add in about ½ pound of cooked pasta to soak up all the lemon chicken sauce.
FAQs for Chicken with Thyme
Do chicken and thyme go together?
Chicken and thyme are very tasty together and perfect for whenever you’re craving warm and comforting ingredients. The combination is delicious and great for holidays and casual weeknight dinners.
What foods are good with this recipe?
This chicken will go well with all types of cooked vegetables and bread. There are so many options like quinoa, cauliflower, couscous, etc. We like to put the pasta directly in the pan to absorb all the extra sauce.
Cooking on the Stove Top vs Baking in the Oven
I have made it both ways and find that starting it on the stove top creates a much better sauce. Both in flavor and in texture.
More Recipes You Will Love
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
- Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Turkey Chili with Sweet Potatoes
- Candied Carrots
Lemon Chicken with Rosemary and Thyme
- 2 pounds chicken breasts skinless
- 1 rosemary twig
- 1 large thyme twig
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 onion medium; thinly sliced
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place oil and butter in a large pan.
- Place oil and butter in pan. Next, add the chicken breasts and brown on one side, about five to seven minutes.
- Flip the chicken. Add the rest of the ingredietns.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Check to see make sure the internal chicken temperature is 155°F-160°F.
Join our community of 623 Moms!
One Scientifically Proven Way To Connect With Your Kid Tonight!
Join our mailing list to receive more tips, recipes, and more!
Leave a Reply