You are going to love all of the different ways to prepare lunch or dinner with this rotisserie chicken salad recipe! From chicken salad with apples and onions to tomatoes and pears, there are options for everyone with these healthy shredded chicken salad recipes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Thank you!
Whether it’s a healthy chicken salad wrap or a bowl of rotisserie chicken salad by itself, the flavors of this chicken fruit salad are so delightful and perfect for any picnic, outdoor gathering, BBQ, party, or just simple lunch at home. In need of a dish for your next gathering at home or
We make this hand-shredded chicken salad recipe several times a month because it is just so tender and full of flavor. If you’re looking to get lunch prepped for the week, then this healthy chicken salad recipe is the perfect option for you because it’s simple to just grab and go!
My family typically says these recipes are the best chicken salad recipes they’ve ever had. I agree with them!
Why You’re Going to Love This Chicken Salad with Apples
- Easy to Prepare: With just a handful of basic steps and ingredients, you will have five different chicken salads prepared in no time! If I’m expecting a crowd, then I love to make a variety of salads for everyone to choose from.
- Full of Flavor: Since these rotisserie chicken chicken recipes are made with tender chicken, creamy mayonnaise, a little bit of seasoning, and fruit– they’re perfect for whenever you’re craving something extra yummy and filling.
- Healthy and Versatile: Made with wholesome ingredients, this rotisserie chicken salad recipe is made with fresh fruit, vegetables, and protein-filled chicken for a healthy and well-rounded meal that is perfect for any sandwiches, lettuce wraps, croissants, or tortillas.
Apples– freshly diced; I like to use Granny Smith apples since they’re so high in flavor, but any apple will work!
Pears– freshly diced; any type of pear will work
Tomatoes– freshly diced
Onions– freshly diced
Seasoning– salt, pepper, and garlic powder
Pickle relish– homemade or you can use storebought
Mayonnaise– You can use your choice of mayonnaise I used Better Body Foods for my chicken salad, but sometimes I also like to switch it up.
How to Make This Chicken Salad with Apples
- First, prepare all of the ingredients by dicing each ingredient and placing them into individual bowls.
- Next, pull the chicken from the bones and place it in a bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in separate bowls and enjoy!
- Serve with crackers, lettuce wraps, croissants, slices of bread, and so much more.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Add olives for additional flavors.
- Use more or less mayonnaise depending on how much you like.
If you are not serving this chicken salad immediately after serving, then wait to add the freshly diced fruits and vegetables until ready to serve. If enjoying the rotisserie chicken salad recipe as a leftover, then mix in more mayonnaise and stir the chicken salad a bit until it is thoroughly mixed.
You would just have to add a little more chicken or extra ingredients!
Chicken salad is good for you because it is loaded with healthy proteins and fats. In addition to the nutrient dense apples and pears, this chicken salad is homemade and does not contain any extra addictives.
Other Recipes You Will Love
- Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Sourdough Tortilla Wrap
- Air Fryer Pizza Fries
- Healthy Watermelon Popsicle Recipe
- Grilled Vegetables Salad
Rotisserie Chicken Salad
This post is sponsored. Thank you Better Body Foods for sponsoring this post.
This post contains affiliate links and we earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Pull the chicken from the bones and place in a bowl
I like to cut and prep all of my ingredients at one time. This lets me be able to move quickly on the mixing and assembly of the chicken salads.
Pear, apple, onion, tomatoes, homemade pickle relish, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Better Body Foods Mayo is what we used today for this chicken salad. It’s light and creamy with a hint of tang. You can find it at your local HEB.
Enjoy! I added a few olives and chips for a quick snack to my beautiful cutting board by Poldersowm
Mozaics chips make a perfect addition to a snack with your chicken salad. We always have fun playing with different ingredients for our chicken salad recipes.
You can add anything you like, savory spices or sweet fruits. All you have to do is experiment in smaller batches.