This Buffalo Chicken Pasta is tangy, full of protein, and spicy! Made with blue cheese, tender chicken, buffalo sauce, and more, this creamy pasta salad is perfect for all kinds of occasions. For more recipes, be sure to visit Meals Made Simple.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Thank you!
When it comes to pasta salad, there are so many different ways to prepare it. One of my favorite ways to prepare pasta salad is with spicy buffalo chicken and crumbly blue cheese–mmm. If you’re looking for something to serve for the holidays or game days for tailgating, then you will love this creamy buffalo chicken pasta salad and I am sure it will become a family favorite.
So easy to make with perfectly boiled pasta, I love to serve this spicy chicken salad recipe when I’m looking to really impress a crowd. My favorite part about this recipe is that you can make it with all types of noodles which means it is VERY versatile and fail-proof.
Is This A Side Dish Or Main Dish?
Well that can be up to you. Depending on who you ask, buffalo pasta salad can be used as a side dish, main course or even an appetizer.
You can serve it with so many different dishes for more than 27 ideas to make with your pasta salad, go to the What Goes With Pasta Salad page.
Pasta, I like to use rotini pasta because it adds textures, but you can use any kind of pasta such as elbow, bowtie, penne, etc.
Chicken, make sure the chicken is cooked. Either rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken breasts will work.
Buffalo sauce, any kind of tangy buffalo wing sauce will be your best friend for this recipe.
Seasoning, both garlic and onion powder
Blue cheese, crumbled
Green onions, chopped
Should you Rinse Pasta for Cold Pasta Salad?
Yes! Rinsing the pasta prevents the pasta from cooking and allows it to cool quicker.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pasta with Blue Cheese
Boil the pasta in lightly salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse the pasta with cool water.
Next, chop the chicken and place it into a large bowl. Pour some of the buffalo sauce over the chicken.
Mix to coat.
Next, add mayonnaise, sour cream, onion powder, and garlic powder to the mixing bowl. Then, add the wing sauce to the bowl and mix together.
Add the cooked pasta to the bowl and stir to coat.
Fold in the blue cheese, green onions, and celery until well incorporated. Keep covered and refrigerated.
How Long Will This Last In The Refriderator?
This will last for up to 4 days if stored in an airtight container.
In my opinion, absolutely! We get super excited every time we make pasta salad because we know the leftovers will be even better the longer it has to sit in the fridge. The flavors mend together so well as it cools.
You can, but the flavors will not truly shine until the pasta salad has cooled.
Yes! This recipe is perfect for making the day before you need it.
Buffalo chicken is tangy and spicy. Buffalo sauce comes in different flavors such as mild, hot, and spicy.
More Recipes You Will Love
- Homemade Pasta without Machine
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- Sourdough Skillet
- What to Serve with Chicken Salad
- Tasty Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 20 Garlic Clove Chicken with Lemon Butter
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
- Funnel Cake Fries Recipe
- What to Eat with Baked Beans
Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 1 box rotini pasta or other kind of pasta
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- ½ cup celery diced
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled
- ¼ – ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Boil the pasta in lightly salted water until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse the pasta several minutes with cool water.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Pour a little buffalo sauce over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next, add mayonnaise, sour cream, onion powder, and garlic powder to the mixing bowl. Then, add the wing sauce to the bowl and mix together. If you like a more mild buffalo taste, use ¼ of a cup of sauce. For a spicer flavor, add up to ½ cup of buffalo sauce.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Fold in the blue cheese, green onions, and celery until well incorporated. Keep covered and refrigerated.