You’re going to love these red, white, and blue patriotic cupcakes! Perfect for both Memorial Day and the Fourth of July, these festive cupcakes are an easy way to impress a crowd.
Fluffy, moist, and perfectly sweet, these patriotic cupcakes are baked to perfection and fitting for the summer holidays. With a subtle strawberry flavor, these vanilla cupcakes create the perfect shades of red, white, and blue.
The homemade buttercream frosting is the best part! Creamy and made with flavors of butter, vanilla, and sugar, the combination of buttercream frosting and moist cupcakes creates a satisfying dessert that will please anyone.
What is a good Fourth of July Dessert?
A good 4th of July dessert could be a lot of different things! From watermelon popsicles to gooey lemon bars, there are just so many options for good desserts. We like to make fruit salads, ice cream, cakes, and much more.
Patriotic Cupcake Batter Ingredients List
- Flour, all-purpose
- Baking powder
- Sugar, granulated
- Freeze-dried strawberries
If you would like more information about how to make the Homemade Buttercream Frosting you can get step by step instructions that include photos
Kitchen Tools Needed to Make This Recipe
• cupcake pan
• patriotic cupcake liners
• cake tester or toothpick
• stand or hand mixer
• frosting decorating tools
How to Make Patriotic Cupcakes
First, preheat the oven. Next, combine flour, baking powder, and salt
In a large bowl, mix together sugar and melted butter. Add in eggs one at a time until well blended. Alternate blending in flour mixture and milk to the butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix just until combined
Fold in freeze-dried strawberries.
Scoop cupcake batter into liners. Fill them until they are 3/4 full.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN CUPCAKES ARE DONE?
Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick or butter knife comes out clean. Cool on wire rack
Once they have cooled, you can now frost them and decorate them.
Enjoy! These are my favorite 4th of July cupcakes.
Patriotic Strawberry Cupcakes
You will want these cupcakes for all kinds of events. Like 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, President’s Day and of course Veteran’s Day
More Recipes You Will Enjoy
- Red White and Blue Desserts
- Sourdough Apple Cake
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookie Bars
- Deep-Fied Oreos
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar and melted butter. Add in eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Alternate blending in flour mixture and milk to the butter, sugar, and eggs. Mix just until combined.
- Fold in freeze dried strawberries.
- Scoop cupcake batter into liners 3⁄4 full.
- Heat oven to 350°. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick or butter knife comes out