These Reese’s Pieces pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are for the pumpkin obsessed people out there like me. Made with peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, vanilla, and pumpkin puree, these easy and chewy cookies are filled with nutty flavors that are sweet with chocolate.
Best of all, they don’t require any chill time! You just can’t buy these in the store!
This post contains affiliate links, some of which may be Amazon links which means I receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Thank you!
- Super Moist Pumpkin Cupcakes are soft, fluffy and topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting.
- Festive & fun dessert our Pumpkin Pie In A Jar do not disappoint.
- Easy to make and full of flavor, our Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies as so tasty! _________________________________________________________
It’s that time of year again! The leaves are changing color, the air is getting crisp, and pumpkin spice flavor is everywhere. For many people, fall is the best time of year. And what’s not to love? Fall is the perfect season for cozy fires, warm drinks, and, of course, delicious food.
When it comes to autumnal treats, few things are more iconic than pumpkin cookies. And while there are many different recipes out there, one of the most popular is for Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies.
These cookies are soft and chewy, with a rich pumpkin flavor and a delicate hint of chocolate from the Reese’s Pieces. They’re the perfect treat for a Halloween party or a fall day spent at home.
These easy pumpkin peanut butter chip cookies. We have been baking lots of yummy goodies lately.
Today’s recipe is just as yummy, perfect for the Autumn season: Reese’s Pieces cookies with peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. Yum.
Fall offers many opportunities when it comes to baking. Many enjoy going to a fall carnival where you get delicious treats you don’t get anywhere else — like our deep-fried oreo goodness.
Also, pumpkin flavor is all the rage during the fall season, and stores are stocked with it. We’ve come a long way from just making pumpkin pies these days.
Seriously, this may be the best pumpkin recipe we have shared yet! It’s not just pumpkin though. It’s way more than that.
Pumpkin. Chocolate. Butter cup cookies. All mixed together in unison in a single cookie. You will not want to leave any crumbs behind.
Ingredients for Easy Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Butter, softened
- Pumpkin, puree
- Sugar, both light brown and white granulated sugars
- Flour, all-purpose flour
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Soda
- Reese’s Baking Cups and Pieces
Did Hershey Invent Reese’s?
Harry Burnett Reese, who was a former employee at Hershey’s, invented the Reese’s.
The pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips recipe come at the perfect time. Just after Halloween, when you probably have many Reese cups to eat. Instead of gobbling them straight from the wrapper, why not give these cookies a shot?
Tossing in Reese’s Pieces heightens the flavor of peanut butter in the cookie. Plus it gives the treat dots of fall colors, another reason it’s perfect for this time of year.
Though, if I were you, I wouldn’t hesitate to make these bad boys all year long. If you have a Reeses lover in the family, you could put the baked goods in a mason jar and give them as a gift during the holidays too.
Get the kids involved with baking these cookies, especially if it is their leftover candy going into the mix. It’s an easy cookie recipe that everyone can have a hand in. It’s definitely a great way to spend some quality time with your kids in the kitchen!
How to Make Easy Reese’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
First, preheat the oven and line your baking sheet with parchment paper– you will need two. Next, melt the butter.
Mix in the pumpkin puree, both sugars, molasses, and vanilla extract into the melted butter until combined. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
Gradually mix in your dry ingredients into the wet until combined. Mix in two cups of the Reese’s Peanut Butter Baking Cups and Pieces.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop some dough onto your hands and roll it into a ball. Place the dough onto the cookie sheet and lightly press down with your fingers until a thick disk forms.
Repeat steps with remaining dough until all is gone.
Place some of the Reese’s Cups and Pieces onto the cookie dough. Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 13‐15 minutes or until the center does not look gooey.
Allow these yummy cookies to cool completely before enjoying them!
- To freeze these cookies, I recommend letting the batter come close to room temperature before baking. This way you don’t overcook the cookies. Make sure that you do not leave them in the freezer for longer than four to six months.
- Refrigerator the dough overnight before baking the cookies. This will help ensure that your cookies come out perfectly. It will help the cookies from spreading. Just place in an airtight container.
- Use fresh pumpkin rather than canned. Be sure to strain the excess liquid out of the homemade pumpkin puree with a cheesecloth and squeeze it for good measure.
- Feel free to add white chocolate chips, bourbon pecans, almonds, walnuts, nutmeg, cream cheese frosting, or buttercream frosting as optional add ins.
- For extra peanut butter flavor, add a few peanut butter chips to the cookies once they come out of the oven.
So if you’re looking for a delicious way to celebrate the season, be sure to give these cookies a try! Nibble away at these yummy at these Reese’s filled peanut butter and pumpkin cookies.
You’ll soon need to double up on the batch. They go fast!
Why do Reese’s Minis taste different?
For the minis, the ratio to chocolate and peanut butter is different than the larger peanut butter cups.
Does Reese’s use real peanut butter?
Reese’s uses real peanuts in their peanut butter mixture, but the two are not the same.
Why are Reese’s Eggs so good?
Reese’s Eggs are so good because they contain the perfect balance of u0022peanut butteru0022 and chocolate!
Other Recipes and Fall Ideas You Will Enjoy
- Halloween Oreo Cupcakes with Chocolate
- Halloween Cheese Board
- Candy Dice Game
- Mummy Shortbread Cookies
- Double Chocolate Sourdough Cookies
For all the Fall y’all visit our full list of Pumpkin Recipes
Reese’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter unsalted and softened
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups Reese's Pieces and Baking Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the butter
- Mix in the pumpkin puree, both sugars, molasses and vanilla extract into the melted butter until combined .
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually mix in your dry ingredients into the wet until combined. Mix two cups of the Reese's Baking Cups and Pieces.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop some dough onto your hands and roll it into a ball.
- Place onto the cookie sheet and lightly press down with your fingers until a thick disc forms. Repeat the steps until the dough is gone.
- Place some of the the Reese's Cups and pieces onto the cookie dough.
- Place the rolled cookie dough into the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes until no longer gooey. Allow the cookies to completely cool before serving.
- To freeze these cookies, I recommend letting the batter come close to room temperature before baking. This way you don’t over cook the cookies. Make sure that you do not leave them in the freezer for longer than four to six months.
- Refrigerator the dough overnight before baking the cookies. Just place in an airtight container.
- Use fresh pumpkin rather than can. Be sure to strain the excess liquid out of the homemade pumpkin puree with a cheesecloth and squeeze it for good measure.
- Feel free to add white chocolate chips, pecans, almonds, walnuts, nugmeg, cream cheese frosting, or buttercream frosting as optional add ins.
Join our community of 623 Moms!
One Scientifically Proven Way To Connect With Your Kid Tonight!
Join our mailing list to receive more tips, recipes, and more!
Lise Ode says
These cookies look absolutely amazing. They’re perfect for the holidays. I can’t wait to make them!