These Halloween Oreo Cupcakes with chocolate are festive, fun, easy to make, and just incredibly indulgent! The whole family will love the taste of these sprinkled spooky treats! For more baking recipes, visit Meals Made Simple.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Thank you!
It’s that time of the year where we start thinking about how we’re going to celebrate Halloween. What better way is there to celebrate the spookiest time of the year than with these Halloween cupcakes with Oreos? My family and I make these ultimate chocolate cupcakes every year because they’re so moist and rich in yummy flavors. The Oreo frosting is the best part because it is so fluffy and subtly sweet: the best combination.
Whether you’re making these cupcakes for a Halloween party, trick or treaters, or just to enjoy at home–you will love how simple these Oreo cupcakes are! This recipe is a great way to get in the spooky spirit–who doesn’t like cupcakes?
- Oreos, two packages
- Chocolate, one bag of milk chocolate melting wafers, we like Ghiradelli
- Chocolate cake mix, you will also need the ingredients listed on the cake box such as the eggs and oil.
- Oreo creme
- Heavy whipping cream
How To Make Halloween Oreo Cupcakes
These Oreo cupcakes have three main steps to make them. Follow these steps in order, and it will take you no time to get these cupcakes on the table for a little treat and you can skip the trick.
First, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Carefully, separate the Oreos, and use the side that has no Oreo creme. Using a heat-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers until smooth. Dip half of the cookie into the chocolate.
Next, place the cookies onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle with some Halloween sprinkles.
Then, preheat the oven according to the box’s instructions. Put the liners in the muffin tin and set it aside.
Following the instructions on the box, add the ingredients. Mix all the ingredients as instructed.
Fill the cupcake liners ⅔ of the way full. Put in the oven and bake for 22 minutes.
Insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake– it should come out clean. If the cupcakes are not done, check again every three minutes until they are done. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before frosting.
For the Oreo Frosting
First, remove the orange creme from the Oreos.
Using a mixer, combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and Oreo creme and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth.
Scoop some of the frosting into the piping bag and set it aside.
Decorate the Halloween Oreo Cupcakes
Using the orange frosting, scoop a small amount into the ice cream scooper and place it onto the top of the cupcake, and spread slightly into a thick disk.
Pour the Halloween sprinkles into a deep bowl.
Next, dip the top of the sprinkles into a deep bowl.
Dip the top of the cupcake frosting into the sprinkles.
Using the piping bag, pipe the frosting into the center. Carefully, place the decorated Oreo onto the side of the frosting. Sprinkle some more Halloween sprinkles on top
Other Recipes You Will Love
- Halloween Cheese Board
- Candy Dice Game for Halloween
- Halloween Printable Coloring Pages
- Mummy Shortbread Cookies
- Fluffy Buttercream Frosting
- Deep-Fried Oreos
- Moist Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Great Pumpkin Recipes
- Halloween Cupcakes (not so scary and kid-friendly)
- Reeses Pumpkin Cookies
Halloween Oreo Cupcakes
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin tin
- Piping bag
- 2 packages of Halloween Oreos
- 18 ounces bag of Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup Halloween sprinkles
- Chocolate Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients as listed on the back of the cake mix box
- cupcake liners
- Orange Oreo Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 cups unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 16 Halloween Oreo creme
- 5-7 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 disposable piping bag with medium star tip
- 1 medium ice cream scooper
- 3 cups of the Halloween sprinkles
- Halloween sprinkle mixture :
- 4 packages of Wilton 3 oz Halloween Sprinkle mix
- Preheat oven per cake mix instructions listed on the box
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Carefully separate the Oreo, use the side that has no Oreo creme Using a heat safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers until smooth Dip half of cookie into the chocolate
- Place onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle some Halloween sprinkles
Chocolate Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven as per directions on the box,
- Place the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan. And then set aside.
- Following the directions on the cake mix box, add ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients as instructed.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Put in the oven and bake for 22 minutes.
- Check for doneness. (Insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake, it should come out clean.)
How To Make Oreo Frosting Directions :
- Remove the orange creme from 16 of the Halloween Oreos
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, Oreo creme and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth
- Scoop 1 cup of frosting into the piping bag and set aside
How To Decorate Your Oreo Cupcakes Decorating Directions :
- Using the orange frosting, scoop a small amount into the ice cream scooper and place onto the top of the cupcake and spread slightly into a thick disk
- Pour the Halloween sprinkles into a deep bowl
- Dip the top of the cupcake frosting into the sprinkles
- Using the piping bag, pipe the frosting into the center. Carefully, place the decorated Oreo onto the side of the frosting Sprinkle some more Halloween sprinkles on top